Mission: Preserve, Protect, Enhance
We work to preserve, protect and enhance the Madison River ecosystem to benefit its wildlife and the people who enjoy it. We apply professional expertise and advocacy on behalf of worthy public policies to ensure the well-being of this valuable resource.
JOIN UPBecome an MRF member!
The Madison River: a legendary 100-mile riffle, a world famous river, spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife - Montana’s premier wild trout fishery. From its headwaters in Yellowstone National Park to its confluence with the mighty Missouri, the Madison River flows through history, imagination, and memories.
Founded in 2003, the Madison River Foundation is an advocate for the Madison amid the challenges of rapid residential and population growth, commercial development, increasing recreational use and the traditional Western competition over scarce water resources. We strive to work collaboratively with all those who live, work, and recreate on this storied river and its related watershed.
Based in Ennis, Montana, the Madison River Foundation is a tax-exempt, non-profit membership organization incorporated under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. We are supported by the generous contributions of members, foundations and area businesses.
The Foundation has a dual focus:
- In its advocacy role, the Foundation seeks to be “a voice for the river” in the public arena, advocating worthy public and regulatory policies based on sound science.
- In its conservation role, the Foundation funds and provides labor for a variety of conservation-oriented projects through its “Boots in the Water” volunteer corps.
MRF members invest their time, effort and resources in the Madison River Foundation for two simple reasons:
- To keep the Madison River ecosystem a healthy and productive resource.
- To bring a local focus on issues and concerns specific to the Madison River watershed.
MRF 10-year Celebration Video
Patience, viewer - the video may take a while to load. After all, we took ten years to get here, too . . . !
Today's Madison Flow
at Varney Bridge
- 1250 cfs
MRF Question of the Week
Meet our Board of Directors
Officers & Staff
- President: Joe Dilschneider
- Secretary: To Be Announced
- Treasurer: Jeff Montag
- Brian Barker
- Ray Clark
- Nancy DiMeola
- James Goetz, Esq.
- Mark Petroni
- Bruce Richards
- Sherri Shows
- Executive Director: Richard Lessner
We're proud to be a local partner with One Percent for the PlanetSitemap